December 30, 2009

As I sit here getting frustrated that my 2 1/2 year old is trying to fight a nap, I am reminded of how blessed I am. I have a healthy 2 1/2 year old to fight with. I am watching my soon to be 5 month old talking and trying to roll over while playing on his play mat he got for Christmas. These things are so trivial compared to what a dear friend is going through. A friend of mine is about to turn the machines off for her daughter who was born last night with a terminal form of dwarfism. My heart just breaks for her. I admire her faith and trust in God. I would only hope I would be able to be as at peace and prayerful as her in such circumstances. I don't know if I could. That's something that no parent should ever have to go through. I have a set of my own worries but I cast those aside right now to focus on Michelle and Janie Beth. May God be with Michelle, Joey, Josiah, Katie Jo, Eli and baby Janie Beth. May He be glorified in Janie Beth's life and each and every person she touches. I know that is Michelle and Joey's prayer.

No comments: