July 06, 2012

Runner's high

Finally!  It is finally back!!  My runner's high that is....and maybe my blogger's high too (well maybe!).  Marshall was ordering pizza for supper tonight.  I knew that if I was going to eat it that I needed to run.  So I made myself get on the treadmill while the pizza was on the way.  I got in a quick 1.25 miles.  Most of that I ran too.  I pushed myself a little harder.  I had a little bit of arch pain and a cramp in my side.  So I focused on breathing, technique and drinking some water.  It helped the pains go away and I was able to run more.  I also got my MOTOACTV finally calibrated for the treadmill.  Now I can make sure to use it more when I do my treadmill runs!  I have a feeling that there will be lots of those this summer.  It's been so crazy hot here lately.  Course tonight was nice and cooler with a breeze.  Made me want to get out and do another run.  However there was some lightning nearby so that wouldn't have been a good idea.  :)

Both of the boys aren't feeling good.  Chest/head colds.  Coughs, snotty noses, gagging from drainage, and wheezing cries.  *sigh*  Poor babies.  I hope they both get to feeling much better!  Already seems like a better day today.  At least Corgan will take something to help.  They're both a bit whiny lately too....probably just from not feeling good.

So ready for a new goal so I'm challenging myself to lose 5 lbs by the 21st.  That's 2 weeks.  I'm going to be strict on myself again.  Eating much better, counting calories, drinking at least 95% water (the occasional coffee and tea....no carbonated drinks), and exercising regularly.  I have got to get my butt back in gear.  I think it will help my back and neck pain I've had for almost 2 months now.

11 weeks til Warrior Dash!!!  I WILL commit to finishing an exercise program whether it be Slim in 6, 30 Day Shred or Couch 2 5K.  That's another goal to have done before Warrior Dash.  I would love to be down 20 more lbs by the WD.  I can do it!!

No comments: